Friday, October 5, 2007

More About Sewing....

Today I got done early with school so I patched up Madeline's old sock and 2 of Lainey's stuffed animals. I really like sewing! I am going to try to teach myself more things. Mom has taught me some of the basics. I want to learn things like making patterns!
I had some old pink shorts that were cut out of soft jogging pants. I thought I might reuse them (Again!) for a doll skirt! It was a perfect fit for my American Girl, Kirsten!!!
I am going to try to sew more this weekend.

Have a great weekend!!

4 comments:

Hailey said...

I LOVE sewing!!! I'm so glad you're beginning to like it. I hand-sew and sew on a machine. The machine is quicker, but doing it by hand has lots of advantages. Which method do you use, or do you use both?

katelyn said...

Hey Hailey!
I hand-sew. I am going to learn to sew on a machine.

Stacie said...

I just bought a sewing machine! I'm still learning! It's fun though! Sounds like you are having alot of fun sewing!

Abigail said...

My mom is going to teach me how to sew on a machine too. I don't hand stitch, bit I can cross-stitch, and crochet a rug, but not regular crochet. My mom just bought a new sewing machine, and we're going to put her old one in my room!!!!!! Lol